What We Stand For
At Eagle Point Primary School our school community has 4 beliefs that we stand for:
- Every child has the right to learn
- Every child has the right to be safe
- Every child has the right to belong
- Every child has the right to have fun
As part of these understandings all of our school community members need to be supportive of these beliefs. Choice Theory which is a whole school approach, on positive self management, is used to support children in building their understandings of these statements. Our values of Care, Respect, Commitment and Responsibility are also taught and reflected by all community members which reflect what we stand for. Students learn the importance of these values through their Student Code of Conduct which is devised by students and their classroom teachers at the start of the year. Through reflective discussions children learn the importance of what we stand for and use their knowledge of care, respect, commitment and responsibility as part of this process.
Our school aims to be:
- An enjoyable place for all school community members to attend.
- A place where children can begin to attain the educational, emotional and social levels which they require for their future life.
- A place in which parents can feel as they belong.